Friday 27 March 2015

Evaluation Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product? 

Editing 
That editing can be difficult when constructing a media product as it's hard to piece all the different shots together with titles overlaying the film without making it look unprofessional. I already had basic experience with editing using numerous programs like Sony Vegas and Cinema 4D so this was beneficial when it finally came to editing the clip. It was important that all the shots came together how we wanted to. However, I had never used Premier Pro before which is what we used to edit the project on so it was a new experience and I feel that I gained a lot out of using the program.
Camerawork
The lighting when filming for the media product was tough as we didn't want it to be too dark or too light and it was not easy finding the right brightness. Being able to get the shots we wanted with the equipment we had was tough as things didn't always go as planned and there were obstacles in our way to be able to film how we'd liked.
Sound
I also learnt that limited speech helps when making a thriller as it brings out more tension to different scenes within a film. It was important that the backing music went with the clip and fit the thriller genre. I think the backing track fit the thriller genre but maybe a bit too much as not a lot was going on when the music was playing.

I think overall I have learnt that you need to do a great deal of planning for it to all come together how you wanted it to. However, I think that overall we learnt many different things which helped us become better at the whole process.




No comments:

Post a Comment